The Kaleidoscope Award has been established to recognize those entities that embrace and promote diversity. Sincere commitment to processes and activities that promote a pluralistic campus, community, or agency must be demonstrated. These processes and activities must be aimed at developing, improving, and promoting awareness of and opportunities for integrating multiculturalism, gender equity, and those with physical disabilities into career and technology education programs.
EXAMPLES of processes and activities may be, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Minority Intern/Extern programs.
- Implementing strategies to enhance job placement and upward mobility that reflect a diverse population.
- Diversity education and/or in-service programs for staff.
- Incorporating diversity within print and/or visual media such as curriculum, brochures, recruitment materials, etc.
- Developing processes and/or activities for recruiting and retaining a professional, multicultural staff.