This session will educate long-term care leaders on the elements required for Behavioral Health under CMS’s new Requirements of Participation (RoP) for Skilled Nursing Facilities. Attendees will also be provided with the key components of a comprehensive physical assessment for a post-acute care resident.
Behavioral Health Strategies for Post-Acute Care
– 2 hours
This session will provide LTC leaders the elements required for Behavioral Health under the NEW Requirements of Participation for Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Upon completion of the class the attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the required elements related to behavioral health for Phase 2 of the NEW RoP
2. Learn where to find helpful resources to assist with the development of a behavioral health program
3. Describe three leadership strategies for caring for someone with behavioral or mental health issues
Physical Assessment and Sepsis
– 5 hours
This engaging demonstration will educate participants on the key components of a comprehensive physical assessment for post-acute care residents. This presentation will provide attendees with key strategies for using a resident’s history, guiding the assessment process, and making decisions regarding notifications and quality care planning. Additionally, attendees will be provided with recommendations on the identification and management of residents with Sepsis.
Upon completion of this program, attendees will be able to:
1. Collect and review key resident history and current health condition information
2. Identify skills necessary in the resident/resident representative interview process
3. Verbalize steps for a head-to-toe assessment, including techniques such as inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation
4. Describe the process for documentation and notification for normal and abnormal findings
5. Verbalize how to utilize the information from the physical assessment to develop and/or update the resident’s individualized plan of care
6. Provide the definition of sepsis and discuss recommended guidance on the identification of possible sepsis and next steps for quality management
Skilled Nursing Facilities
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
There are two more training dates to choose from:
Wednesday, August 1
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Angello Alumni House at Adelphi University, 154 Cambridge Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
Thursday, August 2
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Northwell Health, 145 Community Drive (Conference Room #1), Great Neck, NY 11021