As a result of the recent announcements made by Governor Abbott, the following NRH park facilities and amenities will re-open on
Monday, May 4, 2020
Amenities that will OPEN on May 4:
• Northfield Park Tennis Courts (maximum of 4 people per court)
• Richfield Park Tennis Courts (maximum of 4 people per court)
• Green Valley Park Tennis Court (maximum of 4 people per court)
• Tipps Canine Hollow Dog Park (hours 7 am to dusk, closed Wednesdays 7 am-11 am for maintenance)
Amenities that remain CLOSED until further notice:
• City Park Playgrounds (per CDC recommendations)
• Basketball Courts
• Volleyball Courts
• Athletic Fields
• Water Fountains
NRH Parks and Trails remain open. Please use proper social distancing and stay at least 6 feet away from those outside of your household, avoid large crowds, and it is suggested that you wear a face covering in public and wash your hands often.
Below are tips from the CDC and the National Parks and Recreation Association about using park facilities and amenities as they reopen:
• Visit parks that are close to your home.
• Prepare before you visit by bringing your own water and hand sanitizer.
• Know the CDC guidelines.
• Stay at least 6 feet away from others (“social distancing”) and take other steps to prevent COVID-19.
• Adhere to all park specific guidelines and follow all posted signage.
• Visit parks if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19.
• Visit crowded parks/areas.
• Participate in organized activities or sports that involve contact with other participants.
• Gather in groups or congregate with any individual that is not in your household.
As the COVID-19 reopening evolves, we will continue to update the community through our website,
, and social media platforms. We still encourage the community to remain cautious and make the best decisions for yourself and your family’s health. Be safe. Be Well.