The $331,300 grant for projects totaling over $773,000 was awarded to the NSWWIA in conjunction with the support of many of the leading Australian wine research institutes; National Wine & Grape Industry Centre (NWGIC) at Charles Sturt University Wagga Wagga, Australian Wine Research Institute, Wine Australia and the continued support of the NSW Government through the NSW DPI.
There are 6 projects within the grant:
- Assessment of grape smoke exposure and working in the grey zone
- Linking smoke effected grapes to finished wine quality
- Increasing NSW wines capabilities
- Rapid response smoke taint testing times for NSW
- New Knowledge From New Data
- National Bushfire Conference - NSW