National Wine Sector Bushfire Conference
Tuesday 25 May 10.00am – 5.30pm, ICC Sydney
- Hosted by Wine Australia, this is a chance to get together to reflect on the 2019–20 bushfires around Australia and discuss how to prepare, respond and recover from future fire events.
- The conference will hear from grape and wine producers and leading researchers who will present the latest findings on bushfire preparedness, smoke effects and recovery from fire to ensure that grapegrowers, winemakers and businesses are better prepared, better informed and better equipped to handle the decisions that need to be made before, during and after bushfires.
- The conference will be held over 6 different sites across Australia (one per state). The NSW conference will be at ICC Sydney.
You can see the full program details HERE
- There is no fee to attend.
Please note that you select your venue from the ticket options on the 'register' tab.
Tickets are limited so if your preferred location is full, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to be added to a cancellation list.
2021 Shades of Shiraz Masterclass
Wednesday 26 May 9.00am – 4.00pm, ICC Sydney
- Hosted by NSW Department of Primary Industry in collaboration with NSW Wine Industry Association.
- Led by Rob Geddes MW, comedian and wine lover Merrick Watts and wine writer Mike Bennie this masterclass will dissect Shiraz as we know it in Australia today.
- Industry experts will present on its heritage and history, current markets, and opportunities. Hear from viticulturist and researcher's on clonal selection, berry shrivel, canopy management and sensory composition of Shiraz wines. Pick up the tips and tricks from the vineyard to the winery to put into your next Shiraz wine.
- Plus, three separate tasting panels of 24 Shiraz/Syrah labelled wines including some of Australia's icon Shiraz offerings. Panel session include feedback from winemakers Sarah Crowe (Yarra Yering), Tim Kirk (Clonakilla), Gwyn Olsen (Pepper Tree Wines) Andrew Thomas (Andrew Thomas Wines) and more.
Cost is $55 incl GST per person. Morning tea and lunch provided.
Places are limited to 100 maximum, no exceptions, so don't delay in booking.
All event funding raised will be gifted by NSWDPI to NSWWIA for various industry grants,
scholarships, and future events.