The program provides in-market support to wineries interested in entering or re-entering the US market. It also provides in depth brand strategy support to wineries ready to move commercially in the market.
- Deliver a customised business plan based upon your unique market goals
- Create marketing tools and materials for use with US-based customers
- Bring wine into the US market for samples and third party reviews
- Send wines to US-based importers and distributors based upon customer interest
- Encourage importer participation with fast-start dollars in the market
- Support wineries with in-person importer meetings in various US cities, subject to COVID restrictions
- Arrange and participate in importer meetings via video conferencing, as well as aid in negotiations
- Reduced rates with a US-based law firm who are experts in wine laws and trademark issues
Before Thursday 3rd June 2021
Wine Australia will be informing the NSWWIA which NSW based wineries apply for the 2021/2 USA program and the NSWWIA will select the successful 50% funded applicants.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry is open to wineries producing wines in NSW with preference for those sourcing a majority of grapes from New South Wales, Australia.
- The registered business must be located in NSW
Entrants must submit the completed online entry form no later than COB Thursday 3rd June 2021.
- The NSWWIA Executive Board will decide which 5 businesses are selected to receive 50% funding, and their decision will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
About Damon Musha, Program Manager – Wine Australia
Since joining Wine Australia in 2016, Damon Musha has transformed US Market Entry into an extremely successful program, supporting 65 wineries achieving their goal of entering the US market whilst generating $2.4 million in opening orders via +40 wineries across multiple regions.
First Creek Wines, Hunter Valley NSW
We (First Creek Wines) decided to participate in the program with a view to find a long term partner to represent our wines in the US market. Damon Musha from Wine Australia, communicated very clearly and effectively what was required from us, what Importers were most likely looking for and how best to attract this partner.
After many introductions, many different Importer options, we found the right fit. Covid included- we are still shipping wine several times per year with volumes and distribution points growing.
I would happily and without reservation recommend the program for any wineries Export ready for this Market Entry program.
Justin McCarthy- Commercial Manager, First Creek
Logan Wines, Mudgee, NSW
Despite numerous challenges for our winery which included drought, bushfires and Covid, Wine Australia has continued to search for suitable import/distribution partners for Logan. They had a very good understanding and appreciation of our wine style and business philosophy and has selected very compatible importers for me do discuss our hopes and plans for building a market in the USA. This has resulted in a successful reasonably large sales to one importer and the intention of another to build the market in 2021. It is looking good to get moving in the next couple of months.
I consider Wine Australia’s USA Market Entry Program as money well-spent and would recommend participation in this program to wineries serious about developing business in the USA.
Peter Logan- Managing Director, Logan Wines
Mark Bourne President NSWWIA
Angus Barnes Executive Officer NSWWIA