Proposals for the State fiscal year (SFY) 2018 Child Death Review (CDR) public awareness, education, and prevention campaigns
Proposals are due by Friday, June 30, 2017, by 5:00 pm. Please note the following:
The CDR Public Awareness Subcommittee (PAS) is the group that hears the proposals and makes recommendations for funding allocations to the full CDR Executive Committee.
Subgrant projects should focus on public awareness, education, and prevention related to the leading causes of child death in Nevada.
$40,000 is available for SFY 2018. Historically, the PAS has divided this amount up into smaller awards for a handful of subgrant recipients, rather than making a single award. Therefore, it is recommended to propose a project for a smaller amount, rather than the full amount.
Written proposals do not have set format, but please be sure to include:
1. Program contact: Contact information for the person responsible for the application and the person who will make the project presentation and verbal request for funding to the PAS.
2. Fiscal contact: Contact information for the person responsible for fiscal matters, including the person who will submit bills for the project.
3. Project summary: A concise overview of the proposed project, which must focus on the prevention of child death among children and adolescents in Nevada.
4. Goals: Identifiable goals or project areas that specify what you will accomplish through your proposed campaign.
5. Budget: A concise budget that clearly explains how funds will be expended for the goals or project areas outlined for the proposed campaign.
There will be a CDR PAS meeting held in July during which verbal presentations will be made to provide an overview of the proposed projects and allow questions regarding the written proposals. Applicants should plan to participate in this meeting:
DATE: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
TIME: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) * Central Conference Room
4126 Technology Way, Third Floor * Carson City, NV 89706
Dial this toll-free number: 1.877.810.9415 Enter this conference code,
followed by the # sign: 7275872