NWPC LA WESTSIDE HONORS 12 WOMEN IN LOS ANGELES FOR ADVANCING OPPORTUNITIES OF WOMEN FOR ELECTED OFFICE
Complete list of honorees was announced today
to NWPC members, friends and supporters
Los Angeles - July 25, 2017 - The National Women's Political Caucus (NWPC), Los Angeles Westside, a grassroots organization dedicated to increasing women's participation in the political process, announced their selection of twelve honorees who have made significant contributions to achieving equality for all women through their political participation.
The twelve remarkable honorees will be celebrated at the NWPC, LA Westside's Calendar Gala on October 26, 2017. The event recognizes the outstanding contributions and remarkable achievements made by the women who live, work and give back to our community. For more information, please visit:
"We count ourselves lucky that our region is home to so many inspiring, driven and talented women, who continue to break barriers at every level," said Robyn Ritter Simon, Calendar Event Chair and Director of Events for NWPC LA Westside. "It's important that we stop and recognize the important work that they do in all of our communities, and we could not be more excited to honor such an amazing group of women."
The 2018 NWPC Calendar Honorees are:
- Kathryn Barger, Supervisor, Los Angeles County
- Nanette Barragan, U.S. Congresswoman, (CA-44)
- Autumn Burke, California State Assemblymember (AD-62)
- Sarah Dusseault, Chief of Staff, Los Angeles City Councilmember David Ryu
- Monique Earl, Assistant General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Transportation
- Laura Friedman, California State Assemblymember, (AD-43)
- Illissa Gold, Founder, Miracle Mile Democratic Club
- Mary Hodge, Chief of Operations, Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Barbara Jacobs, Owner, Barbara Jacobs Events
- Rebecca Ninburg, Los Angeles Fire Commissioner
- Blanca and Susan Rubio, California State Assemblymember (AD-48) and Baldwin Park Mayor Pro-Tem *For the first time, we will be honoring a powerhouse sister duo!
- Christine Simmons, President and Chief Operations Officer, Los Angeles Sparks
The National Women's Political Caucus (NWPC) is the only multi-partisan organization dedicated to recruiting, training and supporting pro-choice women running for office. Our NWPC LA Westside chapter focuses on supporting pro-choice women seeking elected or appointed positions within local and statewide government in the cities of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Santa Monica and Malibu, as well as unincorporated parts of Los Angeles County.
For more information, please visit: