Join us on Wednesday, August 31st from 1:30 to 3 pm to learn about Braille and Braille literacy. We're very pleased to welcome presenters Maureen Strainge and Madison Near from New York State's Commission for the Blind.
A special introduction will be given by Maria Dibble, Executive Director of the Southern Tier Independence Center (STIC).
This webinar will cover the following:
- To share knowledge with you (and dispel misinformation)
- The history of braille
- What braille is and what it isn’t
- Common terminology and introduction to braille letters
- Who teaches braille and who are the students
- Everyday uses for braille
- To encourage you to share information about braille and make the decision about pursuing braille instruction
- Share ways to “plant seeds” with potential learners