Dear NYSBA Member,
Empire State Development provided “
” last week that created more confusion that resolution to our members. After reaching out to as many sources as we can including contacts with the Governor’s Office and Empire State Development, NYSBA is confident that residential construction is considered an “Essential Business” per Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.6.
In the meantime, we have been having issues with updating our website. In order to provide you with the most up-to-date information, I have included it below:
Important New York State News
Executive Order 202.8
– Governor Cuomo announced the "New York State on PAUSE" executive order, a 10-point policy to assure uniform safety for everyone.
Novel Coronavirus FAQ For Businesses
Empire State Development (ESD) has created this FAQ to offer information to businesses regarding State regulations and general guidance related to the coronavirus.
Administrative Orders and Guidance
New York State DMV
– All New York State Department of Motor Vehicle agencies are closed. All driver licenses, non-driver IDs, vehicle registrations, and inspection stickers expired on March 1, 2020 have been extended However vehicle inspection requirements remain unchanged. Most renewals, replacements, changes of address, and other transactions can be processed online.
New Landlord/Tenant Policies
HUD, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Suspend Foreclosures and Evictions
– Department of Housing and Urban Development to suspend foreclosures and evictions for mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration through the end of April. The Federal Housing Finance Agency also announced that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will follow suit and suspend all foreclosures and evictions for at least 60 days.
Executive Order 202.2 and Open Meetings
Executive Order 202.2 suspended Article 7 of the Public Officers Law to permit any public body to meet and take such actions authorized by the law without permitting in public in-person access to meetings and authorizing such meetings to be held remotely by conference call or similar service, provided that the public has the ability to view or listen to such proceeding and that such meetings are recorded and later transcribed.
Federal Executive Orders and Legislation
Families First Coronavirus Relief Act
– National Law review article describing employer obligations and changes to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and paid sick leave provisions of the Act.
We will provide information on the new Federal Relief Package when it becomes available.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
– The SBA offers low-interest, long-term disaster loans to businesses of all sizes. It’s website contains information on eligible disaster areas and the ability to apply for a loan online.
DOL Workforce Displacement Grants
– DOL announced the availability of up to $100 million for Dislocated Worker Grants to help address the workforce-related impacts of COVID-19.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.