National CRT Awareness Week is finally here! This week, the Complex Rehab Technology (CRT) community is joining forces to collectively share the CRT message and to ask for passage of federal legislation that will protect access to this vital equipment.
Now is a key time to be reaching out to Congress and we need more advocates getting involved. Members are at home during their August recess, but will be talking about and voting on important legislation when they get back to the Capitol in September. We want our CRT bills to be on their list!
No matter what role CRT plays in your life, anyone can be an advocate and there are a lot of different ways to get involved:
- Visit www.protectmymobility.org to send a prepared email to Congress. You can edit the message or send it as-is. Share the website with others so they can send their email too.
- Use social media to tag your Members of Congress in a post asking them to cosponsor and pass our CRT bills.
- Create a video of yourself or a group explaining the importance of CRT and asking others to visit www.protectmymobility.org. Be creative and share on social media.
- Schedule a meeting with your Members in their district offices and bring along other constituents to share their perspectives on CRT access.
- If appropriate, invite your Members or their staff to visit your facility so they can see how unique CRT is for themselves.
We're looking forward to hearing about all of the great advocacy activity taking place this week. For more details on how you can get involved, email our Director of Advocacy, Mickae Lee, at
This is going to be a great week. Thanks for letting your Members of Congress know their constituents at home want them to pass pending CRT legislation to protect important access for people with disabilities!