Welcome to our Inaugural Newsletter!
NuLeaf Technologies supports licensed Medical Marijuana and Cannabis industry clients ramping up in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Washington DC. We support your Mid-Atlantic and nationwide locations with…
- Regulatory Compliance Reviews and Support
- Secure Transportation, Physical Access and IT Security
- Managed IT Services, Consulting and 24x7 Tech Support
NuLeaf brings it all together - whether you are a grower, producer or dispensary - and we'll help you keep pace with news, updates and solutions that can protect and grow your business.
Our local team of experienced professionals provide the technical and security expertise you're looking for as you launch and run your Cannabis business.
Mylon Staton, President & CEO
Join us May 16-19 at the Spring 2017 Marijuana Business Conference & Expo
Look for NuLeaf Technologies in the Expo Hall at the upcoming Conference & Expo to be held at the Gaylord National Harbor Hotel.
Mark your calendar: May 16 - 19, 2017
Come see us at Expo Hall Booth 227
Use our Promo code for a $50 discount when you register:
Learn more about IT, Security and Compliance solutions for your Cannabusiness. Contact us at
NuLeaf Technologies launches new website
Stop by our new website at NuLeafTechnologies.com and learn more about doing business with NuLeaf. In addition to providing information that will keep your Cannabis Business moving ahead, the new site is mobile device-friendly. We've organized everything to make it easy to keep up with our expanding portfolio of solutions and services that include:
- Industry-based IT Services - RFID, Barcode, PoS, Networks, Wireless, Infrastructure and more
- Transport Security - Secure Transportation for Product & Cash... Armed Personnel
- Risk Mitigation & Review - Assessment of Existing Systems and recommendations to close gaps
- Compliance - Support readiness for HIPAA, Local and State Regulators
- Electronic Security - Surveillance, Access Control, Fire Alarm Systems
- IT Support & Consulting - Managed IT Services, 24 x 7 Tech Support and Professional Services
We’re always looking to improve our client experience, so please let us know how we can make our site, NuLeafTechnologies.com, more relevant to you.
Security Essentials for your Cannabusiness
Join Darren Weiss of Offit Kurman’s Cannabis Practice Group and Mylon Staton, President and CEO of NuLeaf Technologies for a timely and informative discussion that covers key security risks and best practices to protect your Cannabusiness.
You’ll also learn about the various security compliance issues you must be prepared to address. If you missed the webinar,
Security Essentials for Your Cannabusiness
watch the recorded presentation here.
Preparing your dispensary for HIPAA
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that forbids disclosure of protected health information (PHI), and requires entities to take specific steps to ensure the security of PHI.
Since HIPAA was enacted, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has issued regulations describing in detail what a “covered entity” must do to safeguard PHI. There are several important definitions to understand in order to determine whether your dispensary is subject to HIPAA.
Read more at MarijuanaVenture.com.
As Federal regulators ramp up their audit activities, the potential for HIPAA enforcement action is now a reality. HIPAA Gap Analysis and Remediation, annual audits, and quarterly scanning are essential for achieving compliance objectives. NuLeaf can help.
What YOU can do to protect your business from Ransomware
Ransomware infections can be devastating, but the good news is that there are preventive measures you can take to protect your IT infrastructure from being hijacked:
- Back-up all critical information and test backups regularly. Network-attached backups can also be affected by ransomware, so critical backups should be stored offline.
- Keep operating systems and software up-to-date with the latest patches. Doing so greatly reduces the number of exploitable entry points available to an attacker.
- Maintain up-to-date anti-virus software, and scan all software downloaded from the Internet prior to executing.
- Restrict users' ability (permissions) to install and run software applications. This helps prevent malware from running or limit its spread throughout the network.
- Avoid enabling macros from email attachments. This is a common way malware is executed on computers. It is best to block email messages with attachments from suspicious sources. Do not click on unsolicited web links in emails.
- Use application whitelisting to block unapproved programs and malicious software from running.
- Report suspicious behavior of computers and servers immediately so they can be disconnected from the network and limit the spread of malware.
NuLeaf can work with your people to set up more effective security policies and best practices that can better defend your business.