Taking care of your heart health has never been more important and there’s a lot you can do to prevent heart disease. Encourage others to join you.
- Join the #OurHearts movement by sharing on social media how you’re working to be heart healthy. Encourage your friends and family to as well. Be sure to use the hashtag!
- Set up an online support group with friends far and wide to encourage each other in your goals to manage your weight, eat healthier, quit smoking, or work out.
- Commit to a walking schedule with a friend or family member, even if you can’t walk together.
- Make television watching more active by doing jumping jacks or push-ups during the commercials, or just standing up and stretching.
- Sign a social support contract with three family members or friends who also want to lose weight.
- Blog about it. Write a blog post about Heart Month, the risk factors for heart disease, and how you’re making heart-healthy changes in your life.
- Attend an online cooking class with friends and learn new heart-healthy recipes. Or sign up your kids for one!
- Schedule a MASSAGE or ACUPUNCTURE session! Both treatments are proven to help lower blood pressure and ease stress, great for your heart!