We are pleased to announce that the Washington Teachers Association (WTA) and Washington Unified School District (WUSD) have reached a three (3) year tentative agreement commencing July 1, 2018.
Both teams met to negotiate several times between October 2018 and just last night to come to final agreement on the fourteen (14) articles included in this successor negotiation process.
The tentative agreement includes the following enhancements for our certificated teaching staff:
- Increased the number of professional learning opportunities for teachers to collaboratively develop their practices and improve outcomes for students.
- Improved understanding of the steps taken to improve the safety of staff throughout the District.
- Increased the amount of time TK-3rd grade teachers have to prepare for the high quality instruction each day.
- Guaranteed salary enhancements for the next three (3) years to support better recruitment, hiring, and retention of high quality staff.
- Collective Bargaining Agreement language revisions ensuring all staff can work together with a greater understanding of needs and expectations.
- Improved orientation procedures to ensure new staff receive a quality start.
All these items were negotiated with a team of teachers and administrators working collaboratively for the greater good of our students, staff, and the West Sacramento Community.
We look forward to spending more time discussing these items in greater detail after the ratification process and board approval are complete.