ELC Broward Announces Up to $2500 Available for Child Care Providers Through ‘Booster' Mini- Grant Opportunity
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020
July 9, 2020
The Early Learning Coalition of Broward County is happy to announce the availability of up to $2,500 in funding for child care facilities that had either School Readiness or Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) contracts in fiscal year 2019-2020.
This mini-grant opportunity is a local initiative, and is NOT part of the federal CARES Act. CARES Act grant applications will be available Monday, and a separate announcement will be sent to explain that grant.
For this Booster mini-grant, each Provider must certify these funds will be used to improve the quality of the learning environment. Acceptable reimbursable expenditures include, but are not limited to:
- Purchase of curriculum required by OEL for SR and VPK classrooms.
- Purchase of developmentally appropriate books and other learning materials.
- Purchase of cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment for staff and children.
- Purchase of enhanced Wi-Fi and internet capabilities
- Provider expenditures related to recruiting, training or retaining qualified staff.
Additionally, each Provider must certify they:
- Have a current School Readiness (SR) or Voluntary. Prekindergarten (VPK) contract with ELC Broward.
- Are not currently under probation, or under a corrective action plan for a serious health and safety violation, as determined by Child Care Licensing and Enforcement.
Provider certification of appropriate use of funds will be sufficient back-up for expenditures. The collection and retention of receipts, or other proof of expenditure of funds will not be required.
The Booster Mini-Grant Application can be found
or by visiting our ELC Broward website. To apply, please fill out and return the Provider Booster Mini-Grant application to
Applications must be received no later than
July 24, 2020