Canopy Renovation: 120 East Delaware Place
On Monday, February 8 Monoceros Corporation (MC) will begin renovating the Four Seasons’ canopy located at 120 E. Delaware Place. During the renovation process, the following will be closed:
- 100' of sidewalk in front of 120 E Delaware
- 100' of curb cut in front of 120 E. Delaware
- 100' of northernmost traffic lane in front of 120 E. Delaware
MC will construct a protected pedestrian pathway, using jersey barriers, in the curb cut in front of 120 E. Delaware. All work is expected to be completed at the beginning of April 2021 (weather dependent).
Crane Lift: 129 North Franklin Street
On Monday, February 8, from 9am-3pm, there will be a crane lift at 129 North Franklin Street. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- 100' of sidewalk in front of 129 N Franklin
- 100' of curb lane in front of 129 N Franklin
- 100' of traffic lane in front of 129 N Franklin
There will be barricades and flaggers in place during the lift.
Loop Film Notice: 600 South Columbus Drive
On Monday, February 8, from 10am-11:59pm, TVM Productions will be filming scenes for a TV series at 600 S. Columbus Drive. During the filming, parking on both sides of South Columbus, from East Monroe to East Balbo will be restricted to park essential vehicles and equipment.
Conduit Installation: 120 North LaSalle Street
Starting Monday, February 8 HBK Engineering will be installing new conduit at 120 North LaSalle Street. Work hours will be 8am-5pm, daily.
While work is occurring, southbound LaSalle will be reduced to one lane in front of 120 North LaSalle Street. A metal plate will be placed over the infrastructure trenching during the overnight hours to allow for two southbound lanes of traffic.
All work is expected to be completed by Friday, February 26 (weather dependent).
MCI Duct Relocation in Streeterville
Starting Monday, February 8, MCI will relocate duct infrastructure currently located on the west side of North St. Clair, between East Superior and East Huron. During the work, the following will be closed:
- Curb lane on the west side of North St. Clair between East Superior and East Huron
- Southbound traffic lane on North St. Clair, from East Superior to East Huron
- Curb lane on the east side of North St. Clair between East Superior and East Huron
Traffic will be maintained in both directions at all times. Southbound traffic will be pushed to the northbound lane and northbound traffic will be pushed to the curb lane on the east side of North St. Clair.
All work is expected to be completed by Monday, February 15 (weather dependent).
Gold Coast Film Notice
On Tuesday, February 9, Strange Loop Studios will be filming a commercial inside Stadium Goods located at 60 East Walton Street. In order to park essential vehicles, parking will be restricted on the north side of East Walton Street, from 30 East Walton Street to 130 East Walton Street (4am-7pm).
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Luca Valenta (On-site Coordinator) at 847-433-5622.
Safety Panel Delivery in the Loop
Beginning Thursday, February 11 and ending Saturday, February 13, there will be intermittent closures of the northernmost traffic lane on East Wacker Place, from North Michigan Avenue to a point 100’ west thereof.
There will be flaggers in-place throughout the intermittent closures to assist with traffic control.
Brown Line Elevated Track Repair in River North
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is performing maintenance on the Brown Line Elevated Track over North Franklin Street, between Hubbard Street and Grand Avenue. Work will occur from 8am-3:30pm during the weekdays and from 8am-7pm on the weekends.
North Franklin, between Grand Avenue and Hubbard Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from Monday, February 15 to Friday, February 26.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed intermittently:
- Curb lanes and parking
- Alley access
All work is expected to be completed at the end of March 2021 (weather dependent).
Cold Water Pipe Installation: 320 South Canal Street
Starting the week on January 25, Enwave will be installing cold water pipes at 320 South Canal Street, during the overnight hours (8pm-4am). This project is expected to last two weeks.
At the beginning of February, Enwave will be connecting the cold water pipes at 320 South Canal Street to its cold water plant system. This requires infrastructure trenching to occur. While work is occurring, the southbound traffic lane on South Canal Street, from West Van Buren Street to a point 200’ south thereof will be closed to vehicular traffic.
All work is expected to be completed at the beginning of March (weather dependent).
IJKL Construction Update
Lendlease Construction will be installing façade panels for Cascade Park on the following dates:
- Saturday, February 6 and Sunday, February 7
During the installation of façade panels, Harbor Service Drive will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. A flagger will be on-site while work is occurring and the street will reopen during the evenings.
Additionally, Lendlease is currently installing structural geofoam at the IJKL site. Geofoam is a highly compressed thermoplastic that is used to fill-in the space between the top of the concrete deck and the soil.
The geofoam will be cut and trimmed onsite to fit a specific design plan. Cutting and trimming the geofoam might result in some debris being blown off the site. Lendlease will make every effort to contain this and clean the area surrounding its site.
The geofoam installation is expected to be finished mid-February.
Wells Street Bridge Closure
On Saturday, February 27, from 12am-6am, the Chicago Department of Transportation will be conducting maintenance on the Wells Street Bridge. Due to the nature of repairs (center lock and heel lock repairs), the Bridge is required to be raised while work is occurring.
Southbound traffic will be detoured from North Wells, to West Kinzie, to North LaSalle, to West Wacker, to North Wells.
New Construction: 609 West Randolph Street
Construction of a 15-story commercial building at 609 West Randolph Street began in mid-January. Throughout the duration of the project, the following will be closed:
- Curb/Traffic lane and sidewalk on south side of West Randolph, from North Jefferson to 621 West Randolph
There will be a canopy with a concrete crash wall and plywood enclosure for pedestrian use in the closed traffic lane on West Randolph, from North Jefferson to 621 West Randolph.
There will be detour signs, barricades, and flaggers in place for the duration of the project. This project is expected to be completed at the beginning of 2022 (weather dependent).
Demolition: 16-22 West Erie Street
Earlier this month, Atlas Demolition began demolition of 16-22 West Erie Street. Earlier this week, Atlas began to install a pedestrian canopy on the sidewalk in front of 16-22 West Erie Street and exterior demolition will begin immediately thereafter. The project is expected to be completed by mid-March (weather dependent).
Upper Wacker Drive Traffic Reconfiguration
Now that the majority of construction at St. Regis Chicago (formerly Vista Tower) located at 363 East Wacker Drive is completed and residents occupy the building, the traffic pattern on Upper Wacker Drive, between North Columbus Drive and Lake Shore Drive has returned to the pre-construction traffic configuration.
On Thursday, January 21 at 2:00 p.m., McHugh Construction completed the following traffic pattern changes:
- The south side of Upper Wacker Drive, between North Columbus Drive and the turnaround in front of St. Regis Chicago will return to a one-way eastbound thoroughfare. The turnaround will connect motorists to a one-way westbound stretch of Upper Wacker Drive.
- The “No Left Turn” restriction for westbound motorists at Upper Wacker Drive and Columbus will be removed. Motorists traveling westbound on Upper Wacker Drive will be able to turn southbound onto North Columbus Drive. Westbound motorists are prohibited from making a u-turn at Upper Wacker Drive and Columbus onto Lower Wacker Drive.
While McHugh Construction is completing the installation of concrete fill-ins and brick pavers, portions of the street and sidewalk on Upper Wacker Drive in front of St. Regis Chicago will be closed and fenced off. A lane of traffic will be open at all times. This work is expected to be completed by the end of February (weather dependent).
For more information or to speak with the General Contractor for the project, please contact McHugh Construction Company's Senior Project Manager, Joe Kuna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aon Plaza Renovations
Renovations on the Aon Plaza located at 200 East Randolph Street began in December 2020. Throughout the project, the sidewalk on Upper East Randolph Street in front of the plaza, and on Lower East Randolph Street, will be reduced to 6’.
The project is expected to be completed by August 2021 (weather dependent).
Construction: 61 West Erie Street
In November 2020, LG Construction began construction of a five-story, 28 unit apartment building at 61 West Erie Street. Throughout the construction process, the following will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic:
- 100' of sidewalk and curb lane in front of 61 W. Erie Street
- The alley adjacent to the west side of 61 W. Erie Street
There will be detour signs, barricades, and flaggers in place for the duration of the project.
Façade Work: 160 North LaSalle Street
Bowa Construction began work in October to perform façade and cladding work at 160 North LaSalle Street. During the work, there will be scaffolding on the east, north, and south sides of the building.
All work is expected to be completed in June 2021.
Overnight Parking Ban Downtown
Until further notice, overnight parking will be restricted on the following streets during the weekend:
- Both sides of Oak, between Michigan and Clark
- South side of Oak, between LaSalle and Wells
- Both sides of Chicago, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Ohio, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Hubbard, between Michigan and Wells
- North side of Illinois, between Dearborn and Clark
- Both sides of Illinois, between Wabash and Dearborn
- Both sides of Rush, between Grand and Ohio
- Both sides of Rush, between Erie and Oak
- Both sides of Wabash, between the Chicago River and Grand
- Both sides of State, between Kinzie and Oak
- Both sides of Erie, from Rush to Wells
- Both sides of Huron from Rush to Wabash
- Both sides of New Street, from Illinois to North Water
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Monroe to Balbo
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Wabash to Michigan
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Franklin to Columbus
- Both sides of Wacker Drive, from State to Wabash
- Both sides of Stetson, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Beaubien Court, from Randolph to Lake
- Both sides of Randolph, from Harbor to Michigan
- Both sides of Ohio, from Michigan to Fairbanks
As always, please make sure to read all posted signage before parking your vehicle downtown.
One Chicago Square-1 W Chicago Pedestrian and Traffic Impacts
Although fencing is already in place for the sidewalk closure, pedestrians still have access to the sidewalk, but should exercise caution when walking by the construction site.
The Curb Lanes along Chicago, State, Superior, and Dearborn will remain a No Parking/Tow Zone throughout the project, to allow for demolition, and then the protected pedestrian walkway.
The sidewalk along the east side of Dearborn, from Superior to Chicago, has been closed to pedestrian traffic. Pedestrians will be rerouted to the west side of Dearborn.
Please stay tuned to Reilly Reports as additional construction updates and closures will be announced.