As we wrap up Suicide Prevention Month, we are proud to announce that ABC and GCI is partnering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to present an informational webinar titled Talk Saves Lives: Suicide Prevention Education for Workplace Settings - Construction Edition. The construction industry sadly has the highest rate of suicide, it is up to all of us to know the warning signs, steps to take in prevention, and how to help someone we think may be at risk.
Developed by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, this webinar is a standardized, 60-minute educational presentation designed to be delivered to organizational leadership, managers/supervisors, employees, and other workplace professionals in the construction and extraction industries.
Talk Saves Lives provides participants with the scope of the problem of suicide, key research findings, including risk factors and warning signs for suicide, along with recommendations for the role we can all play in suicide prevention.
Topics covered include:
- Scope of the Problem: The latest data on suicide in the U.S. and worldwide
- Research: Information from the latest suicide prevention research
- Risk Factors and Warning Signs: Information on health, historical, and environmental factors that put individuals at risk for suicide along with suicide warning signs
- Prevention: An understanding of the protective factors that lower suicide risk, and strategies for managing mental health and being proactive about self-care
- What You Can Do: Guidance on how to get help for yourself or someone else in a suicidal crisis