Sun Safe Soccer
Protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays is important, not only for the prevention of sunburn now, but to decrease your chances of developing skin cancer in the future.
The American Society of Dermatologic Surgery has created the Sun Safe Soccer program, which provides free downloadable brochures for coaches, families, and athletes with tips for optimal sun protection.
for an overview of the program and to access these resources!
Sun Safe Soccer offers an array of information about protecting the skin, that can be used both on the field and in your daily life. A few of the program's suggestions include:
- Protecting your skin before taking the field
- Applying sunscreen before putting on shin guards and other protective gear
- Using a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above during athletic participation
- When not in play, covering up with sun protective clothing or headwear
- During breaks or after participation, getting out of the sun and cooling off under a canopy or tent
We hope you find this information helpful during these sunny months, as we venture outside more frequently and slowly start getting back to soccer!
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Orthopedic ONE Clinic Hours
- While our regular clinic hours continue to be on hold, Orthopedic ONE’s Athletic Trainers and Sports Medicine team continue to be available 7 days a week to help discuss and triage your injury or ailment needs.
We can easily be reached through our Sports Medicine Hotline at 614-827-8210. Our Athletic Trainers can provide free virtual (video) visits to assess your injury/nagging pain. This is a great resource while we are all practicing social distancing, but find ourselves with the need to exercise for physical and mental health. In the event that you need to see a physician, we remain open to serve you.