Dear NIA Members,
Since the COVID-19 situation is evolving and new questions have arisen, we would like to share updated resources for employers, including a free webinar next week, from NIA Legal Counsel, Gary Auman of Auman, Mahan & Furry.
We know you are receiving numerous emails providing guidance on how to handle the impact of COVID-19 on your workforce. We also have received such emails, and unfortunately, not all guidance being issued is accurate or based on the law. Instead, it appears some of the guidance is based on news reports, tweets, and summaries of proposed laws, as opposed to the actual laws in place. Please know that we at Auman, Mahan & Furry believe it is more important to be accurate than to be first at sending out information. At the same time, we know you are being forced to make quick decisions on these issues. As such, we are providing new information as a supplement to the March 11, 2020, articles posted on our website in response to additional questions we have received.
Click here to read the new article.
For your reference, here are links to the 2 articles from March 11:
- Topics include: OSHA requirements, employee policy, a summary of the proposed Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and a Q&A with presenters
- Tuesday, March 24, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Presenters from Auman, Mahan & Furry include: NIA General Counsel Gary Auman, Attorney Matthew Bakota, and Attorney Amy Mitchell
- Click here to register (free, but registration is required)
- Email your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for more details
NIA Cancels Annual Convention to Protect the Health and Safety of Members
For some good news, we were just notified that hotel reservations have been automatically canceled for NIA Convention attendees who booked their rooms within NIA’s discounted room block at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. The hotel has emailed a notification of the cancellation. If you have any doubt regarding your reservation, please contact the hotel directly at 1-800-582-2169 or online by
As always, thank you for your membership and participation in NIA. We hope that you, your family, and your businesses remain healthy and strong.
Michele M. Jones