New Excuses Needed
Covid-19 has and continues to change our lives. One of the changes that we might not have realized is that all of our old excuses for not coming to worship don't work anymore. Here are some common excuses used in the past that simply don't work now with worship online:
- Saturday night was a late one and I didn't get up in time to make it to church - no problem you can worship in bed now.
- There isn't enough gas in the car to make it to church - no problem you don't have to drive anywhere.
- I felt like a big Sunday morning breakfast, and there wasn't time to make it to worship - no problem eat and worship at the same time.
- The kids have sport activities on Sunday morning - no problem those are canceled right now.
- The church's coffee isn't that good - no problem fix your favorite coffee at home (and refill it anytime).
- Sunday morning is the only day I get to sleep in - no problem worship in your PJs.
Our old excuses simply don't work anymore - and let's be honest we've all made excuses for not worshipping (myself included)! Yet, right now with our lives being affected like they are, there is no better time nor more important time to worship!
So, join us online every Sunday at 10:00am for worship. In fact, help us to invite others to join us in worship. Invite family, friends, neighbors, co-workers - it's easier than ever to not only to invite others, but for them to respond to the invitation.
In fact, in the coming days/weeks we are going to be posting more things on Facebook, inviting others can be as simple as clicking "Like" and/or "Share".
Let us worship God in relevant, meaningful, and powerful ways to express our thanks and praise for life in Christ.