A new program launched today offers $5,000 grants to minority- and women-owned small businesses affected by COVID-19.
The Syracuse Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program will bring immediate access to emergency capital for small businesses in Onondaga County. The fund is provided by the KeyBank Business Boost & Build program powered by JumpStart, and it is being administered locally by CenterState CEO's Up Start program.
Eligible minority- and women-owned businesses in the Health and Wellness, Service, Hospitality, and Lifestyle industries can receive grants of up to $5,000 per business, while funds last, and ideally prioritized for those who could not get or were not eligible for emergency relief funding through the SBA. Apply today - the application closes in one week, on Friday, May 8!
To be eligible for the grant funds, businesses must meet the following requirements:
· Women- or minority-owned (not required to be MWBE certified)
· Operate as a for-profit (non-profits are ineligible)
· Fewer than 20 employees
· Principal place of business located in Onondaga County
· Operating for a minimum of 6 months prior to March 1, 2020
· Revenue of $500,000 or less
· Businesses operating in one of the following sectors:
o Service/Lifestyle Industry
o Hospitality Industry
o Healthcare/Wellness Industry
For more information and to apply, please click here.