Christmas and the winter season is full of so many possible ways you can B.L.E.S.S. your neighbors! Whether you're just starting a relationship with them or you have a strong relationship with them, here are some ideas for you and your family.
1) GIVE A CHRISTMAS CARD: You know the address -- send your neighbor a Christmas Card! This could be a great way to introduce yourself as their neighbor (be sure to tell them which house you live in), and encourage them to reach out if they ever need to borrow a cup of sugar or a tool. Don't know their names? Just address it to "Neighbors at [house address]".
2) GIVE A GIFT: Leave a surprise gift on their doorstep. Make it a gift the whole family can enjoy, like a Christmas movie and popcorn, cookies and cocoa mix, or a gift card to a grocery store. Include a handwritten note so they know who it's from.
3) PROVIDE FREE BABYSITTING: For neighbors you've established trust with, offer to babysit their kids so they can go Christmas shopping or out for a date night.
4) HOST A COOKIE DECORATING PARTY: Invite your neighbors to a cookie decorating party for them and their kids. Keep things simple (store bought sugar cookies and jars of frosting are quick wins!). Use muffin baking pans to separate toppings, making it easy for everyone to access. As you decorate, ask your neighbors about their favorite Christmas memories and LISTEN.
5) RAKE A YARD: Ring your neighbor's doorbell and tell them you'd like to rake their yard for them. Include your whole family in serving (some can rake, some can bag and some can chat with your neighbor).