Church Planting in Austin
Austin is a fast-growing city that is on track to double by 2040. That's about 2 million more people than the 2 million who already call Austin their home. With education (university), industry (tech boom), government and an active arts community, there is great opportunity to reach diverse life situations, cultures and generations with the hope of Jesus.
Church planting in central Austin has slowed over the last decade, and many local churches are dwindling or dying. The time is now to plant, replant and revitalize churches in Austin. New Hope is partnering with Ridgetop Church to do just that. This new church plant is strategically located in central Austin near many students, single working individuals and families. Their neighborhood is bustling with life. Ridgetop Church planters are busy building relationships and starting to see doors open.
In addition to New Hope's on-going financial support, we are asking our members to support this church plant through prayer. Here are specific things you can be praying for:
- God will open a door to gospel ministry in Austin
- God will gather new converts into a devoted community of Christ followers
- The Krumrey and Robinson families will be able to get to know the neighbors and have opportunities to share the gospel
- God will use Ridgetop to reach the international students at UT and send them back to their campus and to the nations with the gospel
- God will pull together resources, volunteers, etc. to transform their building space to make it more usable for gospel ministry
- God will continue to build a strong core leadership team