eFile throughout California with DDS Legal
21 counties accept eFilings!
DDS Legal is a
Courts now accepting eFiling:
Los Angeles Civil
Los Angeles Probate
San Diego Superior
San Francisco Superior
San Luis Obispo Superior
San Mateo Superior
Santa Barbara Superior
Santa Clara Superior
Santa Cruz Superior
Not all case types are accepted in the above courts. For case types accepting eFilings, contact our Statewide eFiling experts:
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR - PROBATE
eFILING FOR EX PARTE APPLICATIONS
As of August 1, 2019, when submitting PROBATE Ex Parte Applications, the filing party must designate whether an ex parte request is a "drop off ex parte" or an "appearance ex parte."
When an "appearance ex parte" is submitted, the filer must add the date, time and department to the caption of the application.
Designating the type of ex parte and adding appearance information to the caption of the ex parte application will further streamline the Court's processing of the applications. The designations for ex parte type will be available for selection by eFilers using the document type drop-down menu when uploading the document.
All ex parte applications must be submitted with an ex parte proposed order.
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR - PROBATE
NEW PROCESS AND FORMS FOR PROBATE REFEREE APPOINTMENTS IN PROBATE AND MENTAL HEALTH CASES
Probate referees will be randomly selected by accessing the State Controller's authorized list, unless a specific probate referee is appointed for good cause.
The name of the appointed probate referee will be announced during the hearing and will be included in the minutes. Counsel/litigants are instructed to include the name of the probate referee in the proposed order prior to submitting it to the Court for processing.
Mental Health Appointments
Proposed orders are to be submitted as "drop-off" documents to the Mental Health Clerk's Office. If applicable, the probate referee will be randomly selected and the proposed order will be forwarded to the bench officer for final review and determination.
Proposed Order Forms
One of the following proposed order forms must be used:
* A proposed order drafted on pleading paper
* JCC Form DE-140 - Order for Probate
* JCC Form GC-240 - Order Appointing Guardian or Extending Guardianship of the Person
* JCC Form GC-340 - Order Appointing Probate Conservator
* LASC MH 047 (New Form) - Application and Order Appointing Probate Referee Lanterman-Petris-Short Act Conservatorship (for use in mental health cases only)
* LASC XLIT 008 (New form) - Application and Order Appointing Successor Probate Referee (for use in probate and mental health cases)
Note: PRO 001 - Application and Order Appointing Probate Referee is obsolete and should not be used.
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR - FAMILY LAW
JUDICIAL ASSIGNMENT CHANGES
The Family Law Division will implement the following changes to courtroom operations at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 N. Hill St., Los Angeles, 90012, and at the Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse, 275 Magnolia Ave., Long Beach, 90802, as follows:
* Effective August 26, 2019, Department 88, a long-cause trial courtroom at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, will be converted to an independent calendar courtroom.
Judge Ana Maria Luna, currently assigned to Department S14 at the Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse, will be reassigned to Department 88.
All cases currently in Department 88 shall remain as scheduled on the dates and times previously set, unless otherwise notified, and shall be assigned to Judge Luna for all purposes pursuant to the direction of the Supervising Judge for Family Law.
* Effective August 26, 2019, Judge Jennifer H. Cops, currently assigned to Department 8 at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, will be reassigned to Department S14 at the Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse.
All cases currently heard in Department S14 shall remain as scheduled on the dates and times previously set, unless otherwise notified, and shall be assigned to Judge Cops for all purposes pursuant to the direction of the Supervising Judge for Family Law.
Counsel and parties are instructed to identify the assigned judicial officer and department on the first page of all documents filed with the clerk, beneath the case number, to ensure proper departmental assignment, calendaring of hearings, and the distribution of documents.
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR - CIVIL
SCHEDULE CHANGE FOR DEPT. 94 AT STANLEY MOSK COURTHOUSE
Department 94, which hears Civil Limited Jurisdiction, Non-Collections cases at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 N. Hill Street, Los Angeles, 90012, announces changes to the daily schedule.
All matters scheduled on or after September 3, 2019, will be heard as follows:
* 8:30 a.m. Trials
* 10:30 a.m. Motions and other calendar matters
* 1:30 p.m. Ex parte applications
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR - CHILDREN'S
CHANGES TO CHILDREN'S COURTROOM LOCATIONS AND NUMBERS
Effective August 26, 2019, the Edmund D. Edelman Children's Courthouse, located at 201 Centre Plaza Drive, Monterey Park, 91754, will implement the following department changes:
* Department D401 will be renumbered as D418
* Department D418 will be renumbered as D401
* Judge Akemi Arakaki, currently assigned to Department D414, will move to the new Department D401 on the second floor
* Judge Nancy A. Ramirez, currently assigned to Department D418, will move to D414 on the fourth floor
* Judge Kim L. Nguyen, currently assigned to Department D401, will remain in the same courtroom, which will be renumbered as Department D418.
Case assignments will not change as a result of the department number and location changes. To minimize confusion, signs will be posted throughout the building regarding these changes.
In addition, the Adoptions Office, previously located in Room 2100, has relocated to Room 2700.
There is now a single clerk's office with four public counters/windows.
All Dependency, Adoption, Abandonment, and Emancipation matters are filed in Room 2700.
DDS Legal continues to staff IN-COURT experts for over-the-counter filings, obtain judges' signatures, court document retrievals, deliver courtesy copies and special deliveries directly to departments.