Here we are letting our creative juices flow with just one simple block, the Half Square Triangle. This simple block has endless design possibilities. In this class we will first go over how to make the perfect half square triangle the size you need, then we will explore the infinite design possibilities. We guarantee you will have lots of fun creating unique blocks.
We encourage the students to bring their scraps, we will also have tons of scraps to play with as well. It will be so much fun because every student will end up designing different squares and everyone will be using scraps to make their own masterpieces.
*The best scraps for this class need to be at least 4’’ squares or larger, small yardage works out great!!!
Supplies needed for class if you have them:
· Rotating cutting mat or regular cutting mat *
· *Rotary cutter (required)
· Scrapes if you have them, otherwise the shop will have lots to pick through
· 2 ½”, 3 ½”, or 4 ½” square ruler only one is needed this will be used to EASILY square up your half square triangle. These are not required but one of them is highly recommended.
· A 5 ½” or 6 ½” square ruler is also extremely helpful when cutting from your scrapes, again this can be done with most rulers
Machines, thread, and ¼” foot are supplied