What You Need To Know
Forms and Resource Updates -
I hope that you have been enjoying your weekend and the cooler weather. just want to make sure you are all reading your updates or going online to carcovidupdates.org or mynevadacounty.com to ensure that you are following the latest CA State Guidelines and utilizing the wonderful resources our association and county are providing for you to continue with your business and re-open your offices. We are receiving some interesting statistics from our State, County and our own MLS regarding the Housing Market. Our NC REALTORS are so fortunate to be working in a county that is moving forward to reflecting better inventory and sales activity. Our amazing 2020 President Diane Spooner will share her perspective in tomorrow's update.
Coronavirus Forms Release Quick Summary
for May/June 2020: This chart is a quick summary of the emergency release of forms related to Coronavirus, and gives a brief description of the new form, or how an existing form was revised.
C.A.R. Coronavirus Market Impacts for 6/3:
The economy and the housing market continue to see signs of improvement—particularly in terms of buyer demand. The labor market impacts continue to shrink while mortgage applications and showing appointments continue to improve. More REALTORS® are closing deals and helping their clients to purchase homes. And all of this is happening against a backdrop of the lowest mortgage interest rates ever…
Read the full Update
Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act Signed Into Law:
President Trump has signed the Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act into law, extending the amount of time Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan recipients have to spend their funds from eight weeks to 24 weeks. It also lowers the portion of funds borrowers must spend on payroll costs to 60 percent, down from 75 percent in order to qualify for forgiveness of the full PPP loan amount.
For more information
SHOW CONSIDERATION -
We are seeing agents advertising Open Houses on the MLS which places our industry and agent's livelihood in jeopardy. Current CA Law states,
NO OPEN HOUSES
. How simple can we make this instruction? Local law enforcement can take necessary steps to enforce the Law. Please show consideration and refrain from such activity until deemed acceptable under the Law.
SPECIAL EDUCATION SESSIONS OFFERED AS A MEMBER BENEFIT
- WOW look what your member dues earlier this year are doing for you.
C.A..R. Webinars -
Please review the
webinar page on C.A.R.'s microsite
for all recorded and upcoming special member webinars including the following keynote speaker panel session:
Tuesday, June 16 from 10:30am – 12:00pm
What REALTORS are doing out their in the NC community for our community has been amazing:
- Our association has issued sixteen (16) Fired Up About Housing $1,000 Fire Insurance Grants to first-time homebuyers since March 1, 2020...yes 16 escrows closing with our agents and first-time homebuyers during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- NCAOR Foundation made a contribution on behalf of REALTORS to the NC Relief Fund which is a new fund to help support the small businesses in our community who are struggling to stay alive and servicing our community.
- 5 College Scholarships were awarded to REALTOR family students who graduated from Nevada Union, Bear River and Ghidotti High Schools
- NCAOR sponsored the Empty Bowl event and contributed to our local Hospitality House Shelter to ensure its continued operation
- REALTORS are currently volunteering at the free Community Green Waste Disposal offered Sunday - Tues. 9-3 until June 17th.
- Local REALTORS are donating needed blood at Valliant in Grass Valley and Auburn to help support the community while getting the benefit of being tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
- Our REALTOR organization helped defeat 1905 and the reduction of Mortgage Interest Deduction on primary residence and elimination of deductions on secondary properties. Author and Assemblyman Chiu pulled the bill...a major win for our industry and private property rights.
The list goes on. Let us know what you, your family, your real estate company and local organizations are doing to contribute to community during this significant time in our lives. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and the presence of living in such an amazing community and environment during these times.
Kathleen Hinman, RCE, ePRO