We hope you are staying safe as we continue to practice healthy habits to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Please see below for new resources that have been shared by our Health Services and Counseling Teams. These have been added to the
page on the Girard College website, which continues to be updated as new information becomes available.
Baby Food and Diapers
Clothing, Hygiene, and Food Distribution for Youth
Valley Youth House, 1500 Sansom St, Wednesdays 12-3pm
Masks and Face Coverings
All Pennsylvanians are required to wear a mask or face covering to enter essential businesses (like grocery stores) as of April 19. There are some exceptions, including for people who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition and children under two years old. SEPTA says riders are not required to wear masks but encouraged to do so.
Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Keep in mind:
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
If you or a member of your family has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please inform a Girard teacher or administrator or reply to this email.