BSA MEMBERSHIP FEE HAS INCREASED
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has worked to keep the membership fee as low as possible. Unfortunately, operating costs have continued to rise, and COVID-19 has compounded the need to increase the fee to maintain the program.
To ensure we have the resources to fulfill the promise of Scouting, the updated national membership fee is
- $72 for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts participants
- $45 for Exploring participants
- $30 for council-paid memberships
- $45 for all adult volunteers (includes cost of background check)
- $75 for a unit charter fee
The membership fees took effect August 1, 2021, for the 2021-2022 program year.
The one-time $25 joining fee for new program participants in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts is still required; however, there is no joining fee for Exploring participants, participants previously registered in any BSA program, those transferring from one program to another, council-paid memberships, or adult volunteers. More...
Remember this is the National Membership fee. None of these fees stay with the Housatonic Council.