Starting for Summer Core Programs, First Tee will be implementing a lottery registration system (similar to Charleston County School District's lottery system). This will be for all locations and all levels. Our goal is to make the process fair for all parents/participants. Please read ALL the details below as there will be a couple of steps for parents to follow if your child is selected for a First Tee class.
Summer Core Registrations (2-step system):
- Starting on Monday, April 26, and ending on Friday, April 30, log into your First Tee account and add your children to as many class waitlists as you'd like.
- You will not be asked to pay for any classes at that time.
- You will only be given waitlist options.
- You can register at any time over these 5 days, and there will be NO preference given to families who are first to register.
- On Monday, May 3, the Summer Core Program randomized lottery will be drawn.
- Families selected for each class will be contacted via email.
- Lottery families will HAVE LESS THAN 48 HOURS to click the link in their email, log back into the registration system, and either pay or apply for financial aid.
- Due to the nature of the registration system, after 48 hours, you will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist. There is NOTHING First Tee staff can do if you miss this window. All unpaid spots will automatically go to the next families in the randomized lottery.
- We suggest checking your spam on the evening of May 3rd to make sure no registration-related emails went there.
Please note that due to the fully random nature of this new process, siblings may not be selected for the same class or day, or one sibling may be selected while another is not. We will not be able to add any additional spots to classes for siblings.
Because the Summer Core lottery will take place during the Spring Core season, participants enrolled in spring classes will lottery for summer classes at their CURRENT level. If any participant successfully completes an assessment at the end of the season and moves to a new level, we will contact the family to transfer the registration to the new level (where spots will be allocated for assessing participants).
Any classes with remaining spots after all lottery participants have been processed can register on a first-come, first-served basis on May 5th. All registrations will end on May 14th and no late registrations will be accepted.
The full summer schedule will be released on our website (click here to access) on Friday, April 23rd.