A New Website for the Oldest "Books"
We at Shumla have been talking for some time about how much we wanted a website as advanced as our documentation methods. We wanted all the bells and whistles... a mobile-enabled, easily editable, user-friendly, image-rich site where people could get all the information they want about Shumla and the rock art we preserve and have fun doing it.
Well... we have begun!
This website it a work in progress. We have the bones of our future site and we will be adding new content each month.
So far, you can click through pages including:
The "Support Us" page offers all the ways to support Shumla, including gifts, matching gifts through your employer, corporate
, planned and asset giving, volunteering, and Amazon Smile. "Support Us" also leads directly to our beautiful new "
Donate to Shumla
" page where there is no longer, and will never be again, any confusion about PayPal account log in's or where to enter your credit card. Our new donation tool is hyper-secure and so easy to use you just can't help but donate to Shumla.
What's to come? We're so glad you asked!
Soon you will also find:
- The Art - A page about the art of the Lower Pecos complete with the gorgeous images you've been asking for.
- Visit - A page about visiting the Lower Pecos, including places to stay in Del Rio and other places to visit while you're here.
- Shumla Method - More about the Shumla method of rock art documentation - coveted information for our partners the world over who would like to incorporate some of our methods for the documentation of rock art and iconography internationally.
- Shumla Press - A page about Shumla in the press - you'll know as soon as we know - when we get published, or written about in magazine articles, books, videos, on TV, etc.
- Shumla News - A page about Shumla's newest news. Of course, you're an eNewsletter reader, so it's old news to you.
- K-12 Curriculum - A page with downloadable curriculum's for K-12 teachers who would like to use Shumla's educational materials to teach about ancient lifeways of Texas in their own classrooms around the world.
- Our Partners - A page highlighting our many amazing partners in the preservation of the murals of the Lower Pecos Canyonlands. We could never do what we do without their help. We have a few other horns to toot.
Go visit our new website at www.shumla.org. And please continue to visit because we will be posting things there that you won't see anywhere else. It's our new global headquarters where you can visit the Lower Pecos, no matter where in the world you reside.
Join us! Check out our world and keep coming back for more!