We frequently discuss the habits of effective boards with boards and authorizers. A charter school’s longevity is closely dependent on the quality of its board. When boards approach us for help, we often begin our work by reviewing the basics. These are the indispensable activities that will be considered when the authorizer reviews the school’s performance.
1. Oversight of the School Leader
- How effective is your annual school leader evaluation process?
2. Oversight of the Charter Agreement
- Does your monthly board dashboard give you the school’s most important vital signs?
3. Oversight of Finances
- Is your finance committee productive?