SAVE THE DATE
March 10, 2019
AMTA RI Chapter General Member Meeting is happening!
Sunday, March 10, 2019 the AMTA RI Chapter will be holding the annual General Member Meeting with Elections!
This is the time to have your voice be heard and your vote counted!
The following positions will be voted on at this meeting: Chapter Financial Administrator, Chapter Board Member and Representative to the Assembly of Delegates.
Abbreviated position descriptions are available below.
Chapter Financial Administrator:
The Chapter Financial Administrator supports the financial operations of the Chapter.
In addition to being a Professional member in good standing, and signing the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, she/he must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Completed one term year as a Chapter Board member within the last three years.
- Completed one term year as a Chapter committee chair or member, within the last two years.
- Completed one term year as a National Board member, National Standing Committee Chair or National Standing Committee member within the last two years.
Term of Office:
The Chapter Financial Administrator is elected every odd year for a term of two (2) years or until a successor is elected.
Chapter Board Member:
Chapter Board Member will assist the Chapter President in achieving Chapter goals and implementing decisions made by the Chapter Board.
: In addition to being a Professional member in good standing and signing the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, she/he must meet the following requirement:
1. Completed one year of AMTA membership
Term of Office
: One Chapter Board Member shall be elected every odd year for a term of two years or until a successor is elected. One Chapter Board Member shall be elected every even year for a term of two years or until a successor is elected.
Delegate to the Assembly of Delegates (AOD):
: Delegate represents the massage therapy profession in the AOD and related activities as they pertain to the profession in their state.
While not an eligibility requirement, the Delegate position should not be considered as an "entry level" volunteer position. Applicants for the position of Delegate should be encouraged to consider the following questions when choosing to become a candidate for the position.
1. What is the context of health and wellness in my state?
2. What are the things that are impacting massage therapy in my state? (including but not limited to):
a. Education requirements
c. Continuing education
d. Cultural issues
g. Employment practices
Must be a professional member in good standing for at least 1 year
2. Must be assigned to the Chapter they are elected to serve
3. Must have a basic understanding of technology (e.g. email, online discussion boards, mobile applications)
4. Must sign the AMTA Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct and AOD Code of Conduct.
5. Shall not be an AMTA National Board member, National Standing Committee Chair, National Commission Chair, or the Moderator of the Assembly of Delegates.
Term of Office:
The Delegate shall serve a term of office of two years, beginning at the same time as
chapter officers' terms and shall be elected in alternating years. The delegate shall serve
no more than three consecutive elected terms.
If you are interested in running for one of the positions that will be available on March 10, 2019 please see the complete position description on our website; http://ri.amtamassage.org/. Or contact Deb Kilty at email@example.com for more information.
As always lunch will be provided for free to all amta members*
And 3 Free* Continuing Education Units will be available.
The Continuing Education will be provided by The World Skin Project.
The World Skin Project is the only self-sustaining international 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of skin cancer awareness with a focus on education for massage therapists, massage therapy students and other body-work professionals around the globe.
The World Skin Project uses a unique, physician approved curriculum to conduct dynamic, interactive workshops to educate massage therapists, spa, and skin-care professionals internationally to reduce the occurrence of skin cancer through the promotion of early detection, prevention and awareness.
WATCH YOUR EMAIL FOR DETAILS ON REGISTRATION!!
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
*$25 fee for non-amta members to attend payable by check at the door. Checks are to be made out to "amta ri chapter"