It’s important to stay physically active—especially while social distancing—to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Exercise can help you maintain good physical and mental health—and those are both essential in these challenging times.
Try out some of the following tips to
start an exercise program
and add more activity to your day. Please share them with your employees and anyone else who may benefit.
Exercise doesn’t have to be a chore
Pick an activity you enjoy and do it for a half hour each day. One way of
finding time to exercise
is by doing 10-minute bursts of activity three times a day—rather than 30 minutes at once.
While gyms and fitness centers remain closed, take advantage of what you can do at home:
- Dance to your favorite music, do body weight exercises, or stretch.
- Download an app or use a smart watch to keep track of your activity.
- Play an active game with family outside.
- Go up and down the stairs.
- Do bodyweight exercises like squats, lunges, push-ups and calf raises.
- Avoid boredom by taking your daily walk in the opposite direction or finding a new route. Take the dog with you.
- Create an activity challenge with family members or a friend.
Any form of physical activity can boost your mood, relax your mind and reduce overall stress. Exercise involving repetitive motions, such as walking or running, can be a form of meditation, which provides even more health benefits.
For additional resources, please check out Fallon’s
health and wellness flyers
and share them with your clients and their employees.