In this new feature, the co-op will update you monthly on the progress of the Roanoke Connect broadband initiative. Construction is currently underway to bring high-speed internet service to homes and business throughout the region. The buildout of the broadband network will cover more than 2,000 square miles and is anticipated to take five years to six years complete.
WHERE WE ARE
- Crews are currently laying the groundwork for parts of the Conway area in Northampton County. Installations are scheduled to start by the end of February.
- We will be contacting residents and begin scheduling appointments at the end of January for the new areas. The following are some of the areas that will be able receive service: Flea Hill Rd.; Britton Rd.; St. John-Menola Rd; Benthall Bridge Rd.; and Liverman Mill Rd. Service may not be available on the entire roads listed above.
WHERE TO NEXT?
- Next stop for planned installations will be in Mapleton in Hertford County. Scheduling for installs in that area will begin on or around April 2021.
- We appreciate everyone’s patience and would like to reminder our interested residents that these dates are subject to change in the event of inclement weather.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- We are asking anyone who is interested to click on the register button below. You can also call 1-800-433-2236 (option 4)