Fall Society Meeting - Sept. 21
The Fall Society Meeting for Orange City Christian School will be held on Monday, September 21 at 7:00 p.m. Election of new board members will take place. Absentee ballots will be accepted for board nominees.
Here are the board nominees:
- Calvary CRC: Alysa Reitsma, Jennifer Elgersma, and Travis De Groot
- Partner Society: Brad Cleveringa, Christy Hanson, and Steve Vis
- At-Large: Dan Foreman, Kristin Van De Griend, and Nate Zuiderveen
The Monica Board will also be presenting a proposed new name, new mission and vision, and updated bylaws and constitution that have been approved by both the Monica board and the OCCS board. Absentee ballots will NOT be accepted on the Monica changes. The discussion and presentation is so important, the board requests only those present be allowed to vote.
Retirement celebration! At the end of last school year, we had three wonderful, long-term teachers retire from OCCS. Because of the school shut down, we were not able to honor them the way we would have liked. We would like to take time during the society meeting to honor them. Then we invite you outside (weather permitting) after the meeting (about 7:45) to enjoy a cookie and congratulate them from a safe distance.
- Michele Boer served OCCS for 33 years, teaching 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades most recently as a third grade teacher
- Linda Juhl served OCCS for 30 years, all of them in second grade
- Jackie De Groot served OCCS for 28 years, teaching 4th grade and most recently as a resource teacher
Please join us as we honor them!