OCCS is a “Reformed” Christian school with roots in the Reformation!
Next week, we will once again have an opportunity to celebrate the significance and importance of Reformation Day (October 31). Although the events that brought on the Reformation took place many years ago with
the important work of Luther and Calvin and other reformers, it has had lasting importance to our understanding of God’s Word and our
salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Scripture alone: God’s revelation is complete; we don’t need other books to supplement the Bible in order to know the way of salvation and the path of service.
- Grace alone: Salvation is wholly and completely a gift of God; there is simply no way we can, or no reason to, contribute to our own salvation.
- Faith alone: We acquire our assurance of salvation through the work of the Holy Spirit creating faith in our hearts that the gospel is true and complete in itself.
- Christ alone: There is no other name given under heaven among men through whom we must be saved. No other person(s) is (are) necessary to supplement Christ’s atoning work.
- To God Alone Be the Glory!