Visiting LA or SF this
summer? Consider visiting a museum. Admission is FREE to the LACMA in LA, SFMOMA in SF, Getty Villa (Malibu), and the Getty Center (LA).
Artists students have studied this year include: Alexander Calder, Henri Matisse, Picasso, Kandinsky, Dali, and ancient Greek and Roman artworks.
LACMA (LA): Children 17 and under are free (and 1 free adult ticket with NexGen membership.) Free to all guests 2nd Tuesday of every month.
SFMOMA (San Francisco): Free to students under age 18.
Getty Center & Getty Villa: Free admission for all + parking fee
Tickets are required for all museums.
Tips for visiting museums with kids:
Set a time limit on visit.
2. Narrow your focus to certain areas or artists.
3. Make connections with prior learning, books etc.
3. Play "I Spy." Look at elements of art: line, color, shape, texture...
4. Take advantage of outdoor exhibits.
5. Check out museum education programs for kids.