From BOMI International BOMI.ORG
Do your members wish getting their RPA and FMA designation was easier? Faster? More efficient?
Introducing The Capstone Experience!
On January 1, 2021, all your members’ wishes will come true! Based on feedback from learners and industry experts, we’re enhancing our programs to help learners achieve their RPA and FMA designations faster and more efficiently, while maintaining the highest standards in the industry. Here’s what’s changing:
As of January 1, 2021, all course exams will now be taken in BOMI’s learning portal. What does this mean for your members?
- Learners can take their exam immediately after finishing their course – no scheduling needed
- No travel time or expense, saving seven visits to a PearsonVUE testing center
- Course exams are timed, but not proctored, reducing test anxiety
We’ve modified the Experience Form to require employment verification history only.
- No notary required
- No employer skill-evaluation required
THE CAPSTONE EXAM
Maintaining program integrity and credibility is the highest priority for BOMI International. Under the new program, once all RPA and/or FMA course requirements are complete, learners will undergo a culminating RPA/FMA Capstone Exam.
The RPA/FMA Capstone Exam includes:
- Two-hour, 100-question multiple choice exam
- Proctored exam to be taken at PearsonVUE or through OnVUE (PearsonVUE’s online proctoring exam option)
- Questions are application-based, using scenarios that rely on the learners’ three years experience in commercial property and facility management
- Optional Online Self-Paced Capstone Exam prep courses are available for the RPA and FMA
What if your members are currently enrolled in the RPA or FMA designation?
Current learners can opt-in to the new Capstone Experience program. Those who wish to stay with their current program and not opt-in have until December 31, 2021 to complete their designation with the current Experience Form. All courses that begin after January 1, 2021 will be able to take advantage of the online, unproctored, timed course exams.
New learners who enroll as of January 1, 2021 or later will automatically be enrolled in the new Capstone Experience program.
BOMI International will contact all current learners via email throughout the month of December so they may choose either to stay with their original program or to move into the Capstone Experience program. If a learner chooses to remain with their original program and does not complete by December 31, 2021, they will be automatically moved into the Capstone Experience.