Lure Coursing - Save the Date (tentative)!
at the farm of Sam and Deann Haggard in Celina. Save the Date (tentative)!!! Saturday, October 27, 2012, will be a lure coursing day sponsored by TAGS and the Basenji Club
All Greyhounds and other sight hounds are invited. There's no better way to spend a fall day.
Due to the safety of the dogs, this event may be postponed if we do not get sufficient rain. If the lure coursing field and play yards have dangerous cracks and ruts in them, the dogs cannot run. We need more rain to make sure this is not an issue.
It doesn't matter that your dog has never lure coursed. It doesn't matter that you don't think your Greyhound has the will to run the course. What matters is that you and your Greyhounds want to have a day of fun in the country. There will be a play yard for the dogs (muzzles required) that do not want to lure course or those that are resting from the last trip around the course. Lunch will be served. Raffle items will be available. More details and reminders will follow. Put the date as tentative on your calendar.
Volunteer Opportunities at this event!
TAGS will need some volunteers to work this event.
- To greet people as they arrive and show them where to go.
- To man the registration table (and to take money).
- To watch the dogs in the play yard.
- To keep the pools filled for dogs to lay and play in.
- To sell raffle tickets and merchandise.
- To help the Chef with the food and to help clean up.
- To help generally with moving dogs around, helping with the equipment, help in the field with dogs, etc.
Contact Lindsay Brotherson at Lindsay@brotherson.com to volunteer for this event.