The COVID-19 pandemic has put a financial strain on many community groups in our municipality. For this reason, the Town offered a COVID Relief Grant-in-Aid program to assist local registered societies, non-profit organizations, and charities. Priority was given to those that experienced a negative financial impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, and that provided activities and/or services to Town of Qualicum Beach residents.
The Town was pleased to be able to offer two rounds of funding totaling $80,250. The maximum award for an organization or group was $5,000.
At the April 28 Regular Council meeting, Council awarded $56,500 to the following:
- 5,000, Bard to Broadway Theatre Society.
- $5,000, Ecole Oceanside Elementary School PAC.
- $5,000, Qualicum Beach Elementary School PAC.
- $5,000, Qualicum Beach Farmers Market.
- $2,500, Qualicum Beach Community Garden Society.
- $4,000, Qualicum Beach Lawn Bowling Club.
- $5,000, Royal Canadian Legion Branch #76.
- $5,000, Qualicum Weavers and Spinners Guild Society.
- $4,000, Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach.
- $5,000, Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise.
- $5,000, The Old School House Arts Centre.
- $2,500, Young Life of Canada.
- $3,500, Echo Players.
At the June 16 Regular Council meeting, Council awarded $23,750 to the following:
- $1,250 to Qualicum Beach Community Garden Society.
- $5,000 to Kwalikum Secondary School.
- $2,000 to Qualicum Beach Uptown Market Society.
- $5,000 to Qualicum Beach Collective Society.
- $5,000 to Arrowview Elementary School.
- $5,000 to Milner Gardens and Woodland Society.
- $500 to the Music Joy Project.