Stay Home Order Extended to May 15 with Minor Changes
– Governor Ducey has issued an amendment to the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected” Executive Order originally set to expire on April 30. The amended order largely carries over the same requirements we are currently operating under but sets forth some relief for retailers starting May 4.
for the full order.
Code Amendment to Aid Builders Clears First Hurdle
– On Wednesday, the Pima County Planning & Zoning Commission passed a code amendment that provides greater flexibility to home builders. If approved by the Board of Supervisors,
this amendment would (for CR-3 zoning) reduce the front yard setback to ten feet for the main dwelling while maintaining the twenty foot setback requirement for the carport/garage in order to provide for on-site parking. This amendment will also increase the buildable area to sixty percent of the lot for dwelling unit. Currently the buildable area is limited to forty percent of the lot which includes structures except swimming pools.
Sahuarita Inspection Summer Hours
– Starting Monday, May 4
inspectors will be moving to the summer schedule. They will be available from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Info on PPP Loan Forgiveness
– As small businesses and organizations start to receive their Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding, attention has turned to the next vital phase: loan forgiveness. Farhang & Medcoff is offering
on what is relatively clear based on the currently available SBA guidance.
AZ Senators Support Stimulus for Trade Associations
– On Monday, a bi-partisan group of Senators – including Sens. Martha McSally and Kyrsten Sinema – sent a letter to Senate leadership and the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship asking that 501(c)(6) organizations (local trade and professional associations which includes SAHBA) become eligible for assistance through the PPP in any future coronavirus stimulus bill.
NAHB/SAHBA Virtual Town Hall
– Yesterday, Chief Lobbyist Jim Tobin and others on the NAHB Government Affairs team provided an update on the latest in Washington D.C., including an overview of legislative strategies and stimulus bill provisions that will help the home building industry.
Meeting to Focus on Impact of COVID-19 on Pima Co. Real Estate Market
– The 2
Quarter meeting of the Pima County Real Estate Research Council scheduled for May 21 will take place via Zoom and feature industry experts including SAHBA Board Member, Randy Agron of A.F. Sterling Homes and Rosey Koberlein of Long Realty.
for more info.
News & Information: