As of 8:00 a.m. tomorrow (July 2, 2020), Public Health Madison & Dane County is issuing
, which limits gatherings and prohibits indoor dining and service at bars.
Changes based on this order include:
- Limit of 10 individuals at indoor gatherings (not including employees). Individuals must maintain physical distancing.
- Limit of 25 individuals for outdoor gatherings (not including employees). Individuals must maintain physical distancing.
- A 25% indoor dining capacity at restaurants.
- No seating at bars; takeout is allowed.
- Bars and restaurants are permitted to provide outdoor seating, with physical distancing.
These changes come in the wake of an increased number of cases of COVID-19 in Dane County. From June 20-26, 2020, 482 individuals tested positive, which was the highest of any 7-day period. Based on contact tracing interviews, 48% of the positive cases who were interviewed stated that they had attended a gathering, party or meeting with people from outside their household.