You have likely seen in the news or on social media about a new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). We know this kind of news can be worrisome and concerning. Please know that this matter has our top priority. The District is monitoring the situation and tracking guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
The Pennsylvania Health Department is the lead agency in public health crisis situations. They provide direction to school districts in how to manage responses. While 2019-nCoV is a serious illness, at this time, the Pennsylvania Health Department considers it a low risk to the public.
To help stay healthy, the Centers for Disease Control recommends:
• Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds; use alcohol-based sanitizer if no water is available
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick
• Stay home if sick
• Cover cough or sneeze with tissue, throw tissue in trash, wash hands
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched object and surfaces
If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to 2019-nCoV, and are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please contact your healthcare provider.
We will update you with any additional information or guidance that we receive.