The Merry Marketplace has been cancelled this year. We know many students love shopping for gifts at the Merry Marketplace, and we love seeing them excited about giving! Here are a few simple ideas to keep that Christ-like, giving spirit alive during this unusual holiday season:
1. Encourage kids to shop at home by giving something they have that others on their list would enjoy.
2. Consider having kids use their own money to help those in need (i.e. buy and donate a toy at the Dollar Store or donate to Toys for Tots - collection at Family Fare & other area businesses).
3. Make homemade items to give loved ones (i.e. food item, craft, coupon book, game, hand written card or artwork).
4. Organize a Secret Sibling exchange with mostly free ideas noted above.
5. Give the gift of love by encouraging acts of kindness.
Whatever you do, we know this year will probably be a bit different than normal. We pray you have a healthy, happy CHRISTmas celebrating one thing that never changes - the hope we have in our Savior!
Trash for Cash Please click this link for more information ---> Items collected
Instant Trip is held every Tuesday night from 7:00-7:30pm with a pick-up ONLY sessions every Wednesday Morning from 8:30-9:00am. In order for us to run this program we need at least three volunteers at each session on Tuesday night and one volunteer every Wednesday morning. If you are interested in volunteering. Please contact a trip coordinator or email Christy Breuker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also a signup on Sign Up Genius.
December 1 & 2
Tues: Christy/Erin, Julie Groggel, ________
Wed: Linda Nysse