Strawberry, Pistachio, and Goat Cheese Pizza
This dish is a refreshing departure from traditional pizza. Substitute your favorite soft cheese or greens.
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons shelled dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425�.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Bake at 425� for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; arrange goat cheese evenly over crust.
- Combine strawberries, watercress, olive oil, juice, salt, and black pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange strawberry mixture evenly over goat cheese. Sprinkle pizza with Parmigiano-Reggiano and nuts. Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.com
Garden-Fresh Asparagus Soup
This lemony asparagus soup is spiced with a touch of curry
and gets added richness from "lite" coconut milk and creamy red potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 2 cups diced peeled red potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup "lite" coconut milk
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces trimmed asparagus, (about 1 bunch)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cr�me fra�che, or reduced-fat sour cream (see Note)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion greens, or fresh chives
- Melt butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, ginger, lemon zest and potatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk and asparagus. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, partially cover and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or a regular blender (in batches) until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Whisk cr�me fra�che (or sour cream), lemon juice and scallion greens (or chives) in a small bowl and garnish with a swirl of it.
Cr�me fra�che is a tangy, thick, rich cultured cream commonly used in French cooking. Find it in the dairy section of large supermarkets, usually near other specialty cheeses. Sour cream can be used as a substitute, or you can make your own lower-fat version by combining equal portions of reduced-fat sour cream and nonfat plain yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Eatingwell.com
Copyright � 2013. All Rights Reserved.