A full service handbell store with music and accessories:
maintenance items, binders, mallets, bell tree items, Malmark products
Visit us at
6603 Queen Ave S, Suite S
Richfield, MN 55423
1414 W Garland Ave,
Spokane, WA 99205
All sales final
Limited to stock on hand
Media postage rates will apply to orders
For All Reasons -
For All Seasons -
Marlene M. Anderson
Consultant - Clinician- Conductor.
Wes Anderson - Maintenance Guru - Sales Representative
ALASKA - IDAHO- MONTANA - WASHINGTON
22515 6th Ave. S. Unit 504
Des Moines, WA 98198
Manufacturer of Music
* Full line of Handbell Tables,
customization available to fit
your specific choir's needs.
* The Peery BellTree Stand
* Other Handbell Accessory
Contact us today at:
Like us on Facebook!
Peery Products Co., Inc.
PO Box 1112
Clackamas OR 97015
Dr. William Payn
Friday, June 9, 2017 -
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Raleigh, North Carolina
Virtuoso was created by The Raleigh Ringers to be a unique opportunity for 29 advanced ringers to participate in a professional performance experience, under the baton of renowned conductor
Dr. William Payn.
The three-day event will include all aspects of preparing for and presenting a formal concert, culminating in a featured performance on a concert stage as special guests during The Raleigh Ringers' Spring Concert at Meymandi Concert Hall.
Participants will be determined by an application / audition process. Deadline to apply is Decenber 1, 2016.
More information can be found at
8516 Sleepy Creek Dr
Raleigh, NC 27613
All ads are $5 per issue
are two options:
1. An ad designed and formatted by you that is exactly 100 pixels x 300 pixels and sent in a jpeg or gif file. The ad will be hyperlinked to your website.
2. An ad approximately 1.5 X 3.5 inches which can contain a picture or logo sent as a jpeg or gif file and will be hyperlinked to your website. You provide the text that will be formatted by the editor.
Send ad or text with picture to
with how many issues you would like. An invoice will be sent to you.
Deadline for articles and events to be included in the September issue of the Campanologist is
August 22. Information can be sent to Phyllis Tincher,
3301 Seminole Dr
Nampa, ID 83686.
Please update your profile/email address following the link at the bottom of the newsletter. This will give you the opportunity to select various regions of our area so we can send you information about events and concerts close to home. You may change this information at any time.
The Northwest Campanologist
This is a special edition with new information about the Coppers' Classic experience coming up in October. The early-bird deadline has been extended to August 31, and a special rate for youth has been established. No need for your entire choir to commit; if you are interested, sign up and meet many new handbell friends from across the area. Help spread the word to your choir members by forwarding this email and personally telling them about it.
Please forward this newsletter to your choir members and to anyone else who would be interested in all the concerts and events. Encourage them to subscribe to the newsletter. Click "Join our mailing list" at the bottom of the left column or click the newsletter link on our website, area10.handbellmusicians.org. With permission, I can also add names and addresses.
Phyllis Tincher, Communications Chair
Friday-Sunday, October 14-16
Heathman Lodge, Vancouver, WA
Guest Conductor: Ellie Hodder
Are you an overachieving teen ringer or do you know an overachieving teen ringer? Join the fun for only $175 (guild members) $205 (non-members which includes dues for membership in the guild). Register by September 20th.
It is not too late to sign up for Coppers' Classic at the early bird registration rate of $225 -
rate good until August 31st for guild members (non-members $315 which includes dues for guild membership).
A peek at the repertoire-a mix of original works for handbells and arrangements of traditional Hymns, Spirituals, Movie Music, Folk Songs to modern Pop songs!
- Appassionata, Michael Joy,
- Bound for South Australia (unpublished), Alex Guebert.
- Brazil, arr. Doug Benton,
- Jovano, Jovanke, Traditional Macedonian Folk song, arr. Michael Joy
- Love Runs Out, arr. Nicolas Hanson
- Magnificent Seven, Elmer Bernstein, arr. Sondra K. Tucker
- Nocturne in C Minor (Moonlight), Nancy Hascall.
- Now All the Vault of Heaven Resounds (LASST UNS ERFREUEN), arr. Cathy Moklebust,
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand, Thomas Dorsey, arr. Anna Laura Page
- Swing Low, African American Spiritual, arr. Jason Krug,
- Toccata on "King's Weston", Ralph Vaughan Williams, arr. Matthew Compton
- Silent Night, arr. Sondra K. Tucker
Registration: Early Bird extended to Augusts 31 $225
(early bird non-member registration: $315
includes membership dues to the Guild)
Information and registration is on the area website.
This event is sponsored by Handbell Musicians of America.
Back to Bells Workshop
Handbells sitting in closets? Rarely used?
This should never happen! Help us get the unused bells out of the closet and into worship & classrooms! Free workshops are being offered around the area next month. If you know of an unused set of handbells or a group that would like some instruction, please forward this information and encourage individuals and groups to register at handbellmusicians.org/back-to-bells.
- 9/17 - Southminster Presbyterian Church, Boise, ID, 9:00 am
- 9/17 - First Presbyterian Church, Bozeman, MT, 10:00 am
- 9/17 - Southminster Presbyterian Church, Beaverton, OR, 9:00am
- 9/24 - Ascension Lutheran Church, Medford, OR, 9:00 am
- 9/24 - First United Methodist Church, Eugene, OR, 9:00 am
- 9/24 - Cross of Christ Lutheran Church, Bellevue, WA, 8:30 am
- 9/24 - Tibbetts United Methodist Church, Seattle, WA, 9:00 am
- Recruiting ringers
- Basic techniques
- Basic maintenance
- Creative use of handbells in worship
- Ringing with less than a full choir
- Basic rehearsal techniques
- Repertoire selection
National Office contact information
The national office is a virtual operation!
To contact by phone: 937-438-0085. Please note the 1-800 number is no longer in service.
All check payments for membership renewal and other services should be sent to:
HANDBELL MUSICIANS OF AMERICA
PO BOX 221047
LOUISVILLE, KY 40252
All other correspondence should be sent to:
Handbell Musicians of America
201 E. 5th Street, Suite 1900-1025,
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Your event or concert could be listed here!
Friday & Saturday, February 3 & 4, 2017
- 3rd Annual Snake River Handbell Conference, Tim Waugh, clinician. Central Elementary Gym, Nampa. See article above. Information, Repertoire, Registration.
Friday & Saturday, March 24 & 25, 2017
- Annual Inland Northwest Handbell Workshop with Brian Tervo, clinician. Lewiston First United Methodist Church, Lewiston. Brian is the Past Chair of Handbell Musicians of America, Area 10.
Click for repertoire.
Friday & Saturday, April 28-29, 2017 - "Sweet Peals" - 36th Annual Big Sky Handbell Festival with Jason Krug, clinician. Belgrade Special Events Center, Belgrade. Click for repertoire.
Friday - Sunday, July 7-9, 2017 - Area 10 Handbell Conference at Oregon State University, Corvallis.
Friday-Sunday, October 14-16
- Coppers' Classic at The Heathman Lodge, Vancouver. Information and registration is on the area
Friday & Saturday, March 24 & 25, 2017 - Annual Inland Northwest Handbell Workshop with Brian Tervo, clinician. Lewiston First United Methodist Church, Lewiston, ID. Brian is the Past Chair of Handbell Musicians of America, Area 10. Click for repertoire.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Greater Puget Sound Handbell Conference, Green River Community College, Auburn.
Click for repertoire
Your event or concert could be listed here!
Please remember to send information for the September issue to me by August 22.