Did You Know???
We use over 100,000 gallons of water NIGHTLY to irrigate the golf course
- Our course is primarily irrigated using treated water from the HSB treatment plant thanks to the negotiations years ago from our MUD and POA. Thanks to years of teamwork and focus on Blue Lake as a whole!
- The course
encompasses 39 acres of land with over 10,000 square feet of greens
- Our irrigation system comprises over 150 sprinkler heads managed by (5) Toro Satellite Controllers (green pedestals you see on the course)
- All of the sprinkler heads are programmed seasonally and timed to the minute to ensure complete coverage nightly, usually from 7pm to 6am
- Our underground irrigation network, the "bones", is aging and requires significant maintenance, particularly in July/August
-"Hot Spots" (areas where leaks, blow outs, stuck or non-working heads) pop up and must be tended to quickly. Some are easily repaired - others require major work
- Trees near greens are problematic. Roots hijack irrigated water, canopies block crucial morning sun, etc. We are planning some extensive winter tree work, particularly on 5,6,7 & 8 greens
Thanks to everyone for their patience during this peak heat. Please take a moment to thank our superintendent, Christian Scott, for his tireless effort. Compliments are much appreciated.