Corona Virus: COVID-19 Reminders:
Be Informed, Stay Informed
For Your Safety
The City is taking the appropriate safety measures, including continued cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces and high touch areas, and have placed hand sanitation stations for public use in the foyers of most facilities, including City Hall, Dickinson Hall, the Municipal Services Building and the Recreation Center.
Please check with local organizations ahead of time to find out if programs and events have been cancelled, as circumstances may change often.
The Lake County Department and Community Health Center and the Illinois Department of Public Health are working with the Center for Disease Control and other public health organizations to closely monitor and work to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The City of Lake Forest is following the guidance provided from these professional agencies.
Residents can help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 by:
- Getting a flu shot - it's not too late
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched objects and surfaces
- Staying home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
For more information, please click on the links below:
For those not online, the Illinois Department of Public Health has set up a COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-889-3931.
For Employee Health
Also, the City is taking internal precautions and is encouraging best practices recommended by the CDC to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses so we may keep our employees healthy to serve you.
As always, The City of Lake Forest shares residents' concerns about this issue and will keep residents apprised as new facts become available. Please know that City officials and staff are doing everything possible to stay informed and to encourage residents to also be informed.