Downtown Indiana held its first quarter membership meeting on March 28 at The Coney. Thanks to all who came out to join us! We enjoyed interacting with our members and appreciated their input.
After some networking, Linda Mitchell, DI Executive Director and Marshall Chriswell, Treasurer of the DI Board of Directors, gave an update on first quarter accomplishments. Highlights include:
- Downtown Indiana (DI) has entered 2018 focused on growing and strengthening its membership program and diversifying funding streams. We are pleased to say that we have 97 members and will be crossing the 100-member mark very soon!
Promotions – some of the ways that we market our members
- Revamped weekly newsletter into DI Digest.
- New website design – please check it out!
- Ads placed in the Lively Arts Program book and the ICTB Visitors Guide.
- DI staff have attended two outreach opportunities at IUP & taken member materials with us.
- Placed a flyer on behalf of members in the 410 bags that will be distributed to parents of incoming IUP students during April orientations as part of Project Welcome Mat.
- Also as part of Project Welcome Mat, presented opportunity for members to be part of a coupon book to be distributed to 2400 parents at June and July orientation events (in conjunction with the Indiana County Tourist Bureau and the Indiana County Chamber of Commerce).
- Another 800 flyers were placed in welcome bags for FloNationals Wrestling.
- On Saturday, April 21 DI will participate in the Spring Into the Streets, a day of service presented by IUP’s Office of Service Learning. The project we have selected is cleaning up North 7th Street/IRMC Park. This will include disposing of litter, sweeping sidewalks, weeding, washing tables.
- DI is initiating an Adopt-A-Block Program. We will solicit local businesses to “adopt” a block along Philadelphia Street. The businesses will then commit to providing support in keeping the block free of litter. We are also working on a plan for hanging baskets along Philadelphia Street.
Thank you to all of our members & supporters!
Save the Date - Second Quarter Membership Meeting
June 27 at 5 pm - location TBA