TIPS FOR MAINTAINING YOUR WELL
Your well needs maintenance too!
Many private well owners are unaware of the maintenance a well requires to allow maximum output of quality water. Maintenance work is often a viable solution to solve many yield and quality problems, as opposed to the high cost of drilling a new well.
Regular well cleaning assists in preventing damage to the well screen, water pump and plumbing. With our unique Pulsar D10H service truck, we will clean your well of bacterial growth, mineral fouling, silt and sand.
Typical Results Include:
- Improved water flow
- Removal of iron build-up
- Reduction of bacteria bio film
Can your well use this service?
Signs/Symptoms to look for:
- Reduced water flow.
- Reduced water pressure.
- Periodic reddish discharge in water.
- A slimy film/buildup in the back of the toilet tank.
- A well that is 10 years or older with no previous well cleaning service.
What is reverse osmosis and how can it be so effective at purifying my water?
Reverse osmosis is a very effective process for removing chemical and bacterial contaminants that are potential health hazards. It requires special filters that have semi-permeable membranes. Water is forced into the filters and pushed through the membrane. This process allows water to pass through the membrane, but not ions (calcium, iron, manganese, etc.) or larger molecules (glucose, urea, bacteria). Since this goes against the concentration gradient (lower concentration to higher concentration) it is the opposite process of osmosis, thus giving it the name reverse osmosis.
Now you can have very safe and healthy drinking water that is more cost-effective and better tasting than bottled water!
- Provides very high quality water (actually better than bottled water in many cases.)
- Continuously produces water as it's used.
- Easy to maintain.
- Can be hooked to a refrigerator.
- Has a built-in meter for measuring quality.
- Compact-size allows it to fit into one-half of a double sink.
- Provides more than enough water for an average family.
- Our units have a three year warranty.
Visit our website to read more....
Please contact one of our qualified Water Treatment Specialists if you would like to discuss your water and possible treatment methods. 604-534-1115
|ASK AN EXPERT |
Our water pressure had dropped over the past few months. Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem?
Water pressure depends on water flow, pipe size and pipe material. The more water being pushed through a pipe, the greater the pressure drop. There are several things that can cause a low pressure and volume problems. Some are easy to spot while others are hidden.The first thing to determine is whether you have a volume or pressure problem.
There are several basic causes of volume problems at the well.
- Improper well design and construction
- Incomplete well development
- Borehole stability problems
- Incrustation buildup
- Aquifer problems
- Over pumping.
Some other areas that might be reducing the pressure at the house.
Our experienced team of experts are available to help you determine the cause of problem and offer viable solutions. Call us any time for a consultation.
- Do you have inline filters that may be plugged?
- Could there be a leak in the water line?
- Is the pressure tank pressurized?
- If you have a bladder tank could the bladder be leaking?
- If you have iron in your water you may have iron biofouling in the house pipes.
- Undersized plumbing.
- Plugged or corroded pipe or fixtures.
| See Coupon Details Below |
Did you know?
Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
A little boy went to visit his 90 year old grandfather and while eating the breakfast of eggs and bacon prepared for him, he noticed a film-like substance on his plate. So he says, "Grandfather, are these plates clean?" His grandfather replies, "Those plates are as clean as cold water can get them, so go on and finish your meal." That afternoon, while eating the hamburgers his grandfather made for lunch, he noticed many little black specks around the edge of his plate so again he asked, "Grandfather are you sure these plates are clean?" Without looking up from his burger, the grandfather says, "I told you those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them, now don"t ask me about it anymore." Well, later that day, they were on their way out to get dinner. As he was leaving the house, grandfather''s dog who was lying on the floor started to growl and would not let him pass. "Grandfather, your dog won"t let me out." Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching, his grandfather shouted, "Coldwater, get out of the way!"